Does your school or district need a literacy improvement plan? This one-day workshop introduces the Keys to Literacy Planning Model. Participants will learn how to generate a long-term literacy plan that provides a road map for improving student reading, writing and other literacy skills.
The plan addresses these components:
- Core literacy instruction used with all K-12 students in all subjects
- Intervention instruction for struggling learners
- literacy assessment and data analysis to drive instructional decisions
- professional development
- literacy leadership and resources
Participants will learn:
- how to assemble a site-based literacy planning team representing all stake-holders
- background literacy knowledge required to complete a plan
- how to take stock of current literacy practices and identify strengths and gaps, using information-gathering tools provided by Keys
- how to generate goals and action steps
- how to generate a literacy improvement plan using a report template provided by Keys
View Printable Brochure/Registration Form or Register Below.
Who Should Participate
All educators who are interested in literacy planning.
Enter the number of attendees you wish to register for School & District Literacy Planning.